How time flies when you’re having fun. Today marks my 2nd anniversary blogging and sharing my love of reading, cooking, crafting and bargain hunting!
I’ve had a great year reading and reviewing some fabulous books, I read 96 books from 22nd May 2015 to 22nd May 2016. It’s difficult to point out which books are my favourite from the last year but I’d like to point out a few that I particularly enjoyed:
- The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick: This was such a remarkable story, a wonderful, charming, life affirming story. I believe it would make a great movie and I’d love to see Bill Nighy play the character of Arthur.
- The Ballroom by Anna Hope: This was a truly beautiful love story, a unique one, one that I’ll never forget. I was totally heartbroken at the end and couldn’t control my emotions. A stunning, poignant story that left me shattered with emotions.
- Ideal Girl by Jenny O’Brien: I absolutely adored this story. It was fun, flirty, romantic, tragic, emotionally heartbreaking at times but also very heartwarming. There is a point in the story that left my heart beating fast and I was gripped to find out the outcome from this turn in the tale.
- The Little Shop of Happy Ever After by Jenny Colgan: I felt like I was living out my own dreamworld with this story. A gorgeous book I could devour again and again.
- Dear Dad by Giselle Green: This was a beautiful story, well written dealing with some difficult subjects. Although the storyline was very raw and emotive at times the underlining current was heartwarming, inspiring and full of hope.
I’d like to thank both Lynda Renham and Milly Johnson for the kind donations of their books for my giveaway.
Please check out Lynda Renham’s latest book Perfect Weddings, amazon link here. Perfect Weddings is a very funny book filled with great laugh out loud moments with a wonderful tale of love. Milly Johnson’s latest is an ebook exclusive book with all proceeds to charity, amazon link here. The Barn on Half Moon Hill is a lovely, inspiring short story filled with warmth and humour. Milly also has a new full length novel due out in June titled Sunshine Over Wildflower Cottage, to pre-order link here
To celebrate my blogiversary I’m running a few giveaways with a chance to win a Reading Log and bookmark; a Recipe Journal and bookmark; a signed copy of It’s Raining Men by Milly Johnson; a signed copy of The Dog’s Bollocks by Lynda Renham; . To enter please click on the rafflecopter links below.