2018 was a brilliant year in books for me and I achieved my personal Goodreads challenge of 100 books by reading 114 books. 2018 was also a year that I became a host on blogtours for Rachel’s Random Resources, Random Things Tours and Love Books Group. I have also continued to work with Faye Rogers PR Bookouture and Bookollective.
Working with new blogtour organisers has opened my eyes to new authors and I have also continued to work with indie authors. This year alone I have discovered 50 new authors.
It’s always difficult to pinpoint your favourite books from the year especially as I choose books I know I’m going to like. However, from the 100 odd books I’ve read in 2018 I’d like to give a special mention to the following:
- The Secrets Between Us by Laura Madeline (https://amzn.to/2ToU4Rs)
- The Letter by Ruth Saberton (https://amzn.to/2ApyKUS)
- Chantelle Rose series by Cristina Hodgson (https://amzn.to/2AAUdu7)
- You, Me, Everything by Catherine Isaac (https://amzn.to/2F2FsUu)
- The Lion Tamer Who Lost by Louise Beech (https://amzn.to/2AstWOf)
- The Winter That Made Us by Kate Field (https://amzn.to/2LJe8uT)
- A Ration Book Christmas by Jean Fullerton (https://amzn.to/2F1p71v)
- The Mother of all Christmases by Milly Johnson (https://amzn.to/2GNKZjl)
- Grace After Henry by Eithne Shortall (https://amzn.to/2VrpW9w)
- The Mysterious Lord Millcroft by Virginia Heath (https://amzn.to/2F4eg6T)
- Call of the Curlew by Elizabeth Brooks (https://amzn.to/2QhI4Pp)
- A Gift from Woolworths by Elaine Everest (https://amzn.to/2F5ePyi)
I’d like to express my thanks to all the other fellow book bloggers, especially the WordPress Wonders (as I call them in my head), your help sharing the book love is greatly appreciated and I’m so pleased to consider you my friends.
I’m looking forward to another great year in books.